Mad Wife Productions
is launching our second screenplay contest, now looking for HORROR, THRILLER or OTHER GENRE feature-length screenplays!
***WINNER(S) WILL GET PRODUCED!!!!!***
The winner of our first contest — Rachel Taenzler’s TV show Memory Lane is currently in post-production and slated for release in early 2022: Memory Lane IMDb
You can check Mad Wife Productions trailers/short films here
Mad Wife will pick between 1 and 3 scripts and take them to production ASAP!
The story needs to meet the requirements listed below or can be revised to meet these criteria:
- Ideally 60 to 100 pages (see below re shorts and treatments)
- Horror or thriller scripts in the following subgenres such as: :
Other (as accepted by the judges)
–All other genres accepted as long as they meet the below requirements.
- Story needs to take place mostly in ONE LOCATION (large house, hotel, camp, forest, desert etc, but rooms/sublocations within the main location are allowed)!
- Limited cast (ideally 5 or less main characters and no more than 20 total)
- Minimal SFX, VFX, and makeup (so vampire stories might work, zombies and werewolves most likely not).
—Any stories that can be revised to meet the above requirements will be eligible as well as early drafts/treatments/shorts as long as the writer can provide full draft by end of final deadline.
–You can update your script at any point for $15.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
If you have more than one script that fits the criteria, you can submit subsequent scripts for 50% off after your first submission (please contact us to get discount code).
Awards & Prizes
Winning screenplay(s) will get produced!
Writer(s) will get writing credit!
Minimum 1 but up to 3 scripts will win the grand prize!
All finalists will receive Thank You IMDb credit in the film(s)!
Rules & Terms
- Winning writer(s) need to own all rights to the script and sign an option to purchase agreement.
- Winning writers grant the producers and directors of Mad Wife Productions full creative control (if you do not know what this means, please email us before you submit).
- We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time and extend the contest period.
- All fees submitted are non-refundable.
BY SUBMITTING YOUR MATERIALS YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THESE CONDITIONS. You agree to release and hold harmless Mad Wife Productions, its subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies, prize contributors, judges, screenplay analysts, sponsors, and any other organizations responsible for administering, advertising or promoting your submission of material, and every one of their respective members, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) past and present from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to damages and negligence to property and persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, copyright, infringement of trademark or other intellectual property rights relating to a participant’s submission of materials and/or acceptance or use or misuse of prize; provided however, that such release will not apply to any commercial exploitation of the script by a Released Party in violation of your rights under applicable copyright law; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Mad wife Productions and its sponsor, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s use or misuse of Prize.
Behind the scenes from other projects
Mad wife Productions
is an award-winning, full-service film production company specializing in high-quality storytelling.